There will be NO GARBAGE or RECYCLING SERVICES on the following days:
New Years Day
Mardi Gras Day
∴ Your services will resume on your next collection day.
When experiencing inclement weather please secure all garbage and recycling collection containers on your property between collections to avoid scattered trash and lost carts. ♦
March 24, 2017: City of New Orleans new cart announcement
February 9, 2017: Pickup Schedule and Collection Guidelines
September 2014: MSG opens CNG plant, says "Hello" to the future & "Good-Bye" to the gas pump!
September 30, 2014
A new fueling station for the Metro Disposal Services truck fleet could be a game changer for the city.Casey Ferrand, WDSU 6 News New Orleans
September 29, 2014
The future has come to the Metro Service Group yard off Old Gentilly Road in Eastern New Orleans.John Snell, WVUE FOX8 New Orleans
Trash pick up days...
Place your bulky items next to your cart on your second collection day.
For your convenience, here’s a list of approved bulky items:
- Tree limbs and branches less than four feet in length and twelve (12) inches in diameter, neatly bundled.
- Metal materials weighing twenty-five (25) pounds or less.
- Pipe less than one (1) inch in diameter and less than four (4) feet in length.
- Manufactured items, including, but not limited to, furniture and appliances.
- Bagged leaves, weeds, grass, small vegetation clippings and hedge clippings.
- White goods.
- Twenty-five pounds or less of construction and demolition solid waste generated by a resident properly containerized and/or bundled.
- Cardboard boxes.
- Carpet less than four (4) feet in length, rolled and tied.
- Tires; maximum of four (4) tires per scheduled, second collection.
Yard waste such as leaves and grass clipping should be bagged and placed next to the cart on the Second collection day. Yard waste items are tree limbs, grass clippings, shrubs, etc. Tree limbs should be bundled in 4-foot lengths, weighing no more than 75 pounds. Residents who set out yard waste more than 24 hours before their scheduled pick-up will be subject to a fine.
Dogs, cats, and other small animals will only be collected from households and small businesses if the animal is put in a bag and brought to the curb for collection with solid waste. In the event that such animals are discovered on City streets, contact 311 or the Customer Service Center at (504) 520-8331 to have the animal removed.
TO REGISTER FOR A CART PLEASE USE THIS FORM.
For your convenience, here’s a list of approved recycling items:
- Paper products including office paper, newspapers and color inserts, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, paperboard boxes (including cereal boxes, freezer boxes, twelve (12) pack soft drink boxes and other food/snack boxes), telephone books and corrugated cardboard.
- Plastic food and beverage containers coded #1 through #7, plastic pots from plant nurseries.
- Small aluminum, steel and ferrous metal food containers and lids.
- Please keep your carts CLEAN.
- RINSE OUT food containers before placing in cart.
PLACE YOUR RECYCLING BIN NEXT TO YOUR CART ON YOUR COLLECTION DAY. CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER FOR MORE INFORMATION (504) 520-8331.
Metro Service Group provides cost-efficient, environmentally sound recycling programs and services for municipalities, school districts, businesses and households throughout the gulf coast region. Metro has provided innovative recycling solutions for the City of New Orleans, McDonalds, Wendy’s and Rite-Aid just to name a few.
Whether you’re recycling paper, plastic, glass, aluminum or cardboard, Metro prides itself in putting into action the latest single-stream and sorting technologies, making recycling programs easy and cost-effective.